The planning for the 2017-2018 GYBA Jr. Gryphon season is well underway and we are excited to get back onto the courts! There have been some positive improvements to the program that will have a direct impact on the skill and character development of our young players. Our values will remain the same:
1. Provide a fun and safe place for our kids to play the game of basketball
2. Facilitate an environment for all skill levels to develop at a comfortable pace
3. Challenge the level of competitiveness in each individual player
4. Different life skills are taught throughout the program to provide a powerful positive influence on all participants. Some of these topics include: fair play, teamwork, education/career, health & nutrition, mental training, etc.
For those who have not yet registered online: www.guelphbasketball.com
We still have minimal spots available in all of our co-ed, boys, girls, and high school divisions and are accepting players on a first come first served basis. We will do our best to accommodate all players interested.
Join us Saturday, September 30, 2017:
1. Register, and complete payment
2. Pick up sport kit and schedule
3. Meet the convenors, coaches, and volunteers
The New Gryphon Athletic Centre
University of Guelph
45 East Ring Road
PARKING AND ENTRANCE
Park at the arena P12 off East Ring Road. Enter through Larry Pearson Entrance across the arena (There is a big sign between W.F. Mitchell Athletic Centre and John T. Powell Buildings)
For those that have not paid, please pay via PayPal or EMT prior to Opening Day. However, we will accept CASH or CHEQUE on site.
There have been changes to the divisions schedules. Please have a look by clicking here
GET INVOLVED! WE WANT YOU!
|10:00am to 11:00am||Jr.NBA Division Co-ed - Boys and Girls age 5&6|
|10:00am to 11:00am||U8 Boys|
|10:00am to 11:00am||U8 Girls|
|10:00am to 12:00pm||U10 Boys|
|10:00am to 12:00pm||U10 Girls|
|10:00am to 12:00pm||U12 Boys|
|10:00am to 12:00pm||U12 Girls|
|12:00pm to 1:00pm||U15 Boys|
|12:00pm to 1:00pm||U15 Girls|
|12:00pm to 1:00pm||U18 Boys|
|12:00pm to 1:00pm||U18 Girls|
The success of this program has been in large part due to the quality volunteers. We are currently growing our team and looking for Coaches to assist our Convenors / Head Coaches in many divisions. We will be providing coaching clinics, resources, support, game plans to all interested.
SEASON START DATE
Saturday, October 14th – Schedules will be available for pick up on Opening Day and are available online by clicking here